ROUGETTE Grilling Cheese Crostini with Poached Egg
2 slices baguette
2 tsp. herb butter
1 medium egg
Thinly sliced onion
1. Spread both sides of the baguette slices with herb butter and toast both sides briefly in a hot frying pan until crisp.
2. Place the grilling cheese on the hot grill or grill in the pan until golden brown, then place on top of the toast slices. Then garnish with parsley.
3. For the poached egg, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 3 tbsp. mild vinegar and a pinch of salt and carefully lower the egg into the water from the shell or a ladle. Lower the heat and poach the egg for about two minutes, until the white is firm. The egg yolk will still be runny. If you prefer a firmer yolk, simply poach the egg for longer.
4. Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg and place it on the cheese and parsley while still warm. Place the second slice of baguette on top and serve the crostini.
For a more rustic version, toasted whole-grain bread is a wonderful substitute for the baguette.
Grilling Cheese: Mild & Creamy Soft-Ripened Cheese
Our Grilling Cheese is made to be heated directly on the grill – just like a burger! Our innovative cheese masters have developed a brie that becomes crisp on the outside when heated. The cheese develops a char-grilled, crispy golden outside and a warm and creamy inside. An excellent grilling choice for vegetarians and cheese lovers alike!
- Can be heated directly on the grill
- Will not stick to or melt onto the grill – no mess!
- 2 individually packaged cheeses per unit
- Create a REAL cheeseburger
- Serve on a green salad
- Top with grilled veggies or fruit