Marinated Grilling Cheese & Brussels Sprout Gratin
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and thinly sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
1/2 small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 T olive oil
1 t pepper
1/2 t salt
1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Set aside the packaged Marinated Grilling Cheeses and use the grilling tin to prepare the Brussels sprouts. Combine Brussels sprouts, garlic, shallot and olive oil in a small bowl and toss until combined. Arrange mixture in the grilling tin.
3. Place tin on the grill and, tossing occasionally, until Brussels sprouts are bright green and tender and starting to brown, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove tin from grill and add heavy cream. Unwrap the Marinated Grilling Cheeses and arrange on top using the back of a spatula to gently press cheeses down into the pan. Return pan to grill.
5. Close grill and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from grill when cheese is melted and golden. Allow gratin to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Don’t feel like grilling? Simply prepare in a preheated 375°F oven rather than a grill.
Marinated Grilling Cheese: Semi-soft Cheese in Herb Marinade
Our feta-style marinated cheese is ready-to-cook and easy to serve. This savory semi-soft cheese is pre-marinated in herbs and oil and comes in a convenient aluminum pan for easy preparation in the oven or on the grill. The cheese develops a creamy center and caramelized crust when cooked – prepare an easy #bakedfeta recipe, make an irresistible warm sandwich, dice into a salad or melt it into a hot dip perfect for a crowd!
In ready-to-cook and read-to-serve pan
• Creamier and less salty than Feta
• Develops crisp, caramelized exterior
• Cook over vegetables for an easy one-pan traybake
• Complete the meal with fresh bread or pasta