Marinated Grilling Cheese “Lasagna” Stacks
1 small zuchinni, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
1 small red onion, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds 1 teaspoons olive oil
2 portions Bon·fire Marinated Semi-Soft Cheese
4 ounces jarred roasted red pepper, drained and patted dry with paper towels
fresh minced basil
2 teaspoons balsamic syrup
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Brush both sides of zucchini strips and onion rounds lightly with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
3. When grill is at medium high heat, arrange zucchini strips and onion rounds directly on grill grates. Close grill lid and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
4. After five minutes, use tongs to carefully turn zucchini strips and onion rounds to second side and grilled covered for five more minutes.
5. Remove zucchini strips and onions from grill and transfer to a plate.When cool enough to handle, lay half the zucchini strips lengthwise in the bottom of the Marinated Semi-Soft Cheese grilling pan. Strips should overlap slightly. Break onion rounds into individual rings and spread them evenly on top of the zucchini strips. Remove Marinated Semi-Soft Cheese from wrapping and arrange over the onion rings. Top with roasted red pepper and the remaining zucchini strips.
6. Place pan on hot grill. Close grill lid and cook for 10 minutes over medium high heat, or until cheese melts and begins to bubble and brown around the edges of the pan.
7. To serve, transfer grilling tin to a heatproof dish and garnish with balsamic syrup and minced basil. Slice into two pieces and serve warm.
Marinated Grilling Cheese: Semi-soft Cheese in Herb Marinade
Our Marinated Grilling Cheese is ready to grill and easy to serve. This savory semi-soft cheese is pre-marinated in herbs and oil and comes in a convenient aluminum pan for easy preparation and grilling. The cheese softens when warmed and can be cooked to your liking – warmed on both sides and then diceed for a salad or melted into a hot dip perfect for a crowd.
- In a ready-to-grill and ready-to-serve pan
- Creamier and less salty than Halloumi
- 2 marinated pieces of cheese per pan
- Make a REAL grilled cheese sandwich
- Warm and dice onto grains or a green salad
- Top with vegetables and serve from the pan