Grilling Cheese Burger
2 Portions Bon·fire Soft-Ripened Cheese
1 large sweet onion such as Vidallia, Walla Wall or Red, peeled and sliced into 1/2” thick rounds
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 pretzel buns, split
1 tablespoon fig jam
1 tablespoon honey mustard
1/4 cup fresh baby spinach
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Brush each side of onion slices with olive oil and sprinkle an even layer of sugar on both sides.
3. Carefully place onion slices and cheese portions on preheated grill. Close lid and grill covered for 5 minutes or until char marks appear on cheese portions and onion slices.
4. Use a spatula to carefully flip onions and cheese portions. Continue grilling for five minutes more.
5. Place spit pretzel buns on grill cut side down the last 2 minutes of cooking, or until buns are toasted.
6. Remove buns, onions and cheese from grill. Assemble burgers by spreading a layer of fig jam on both bun tops and a layer of honey mustard on both bun bottoms. Top the bun bottoms with a grilled onion slice, half of the baby spinach, a grilled Soft-Ripened Cheese and top bun. Serve immediately.
Grilling Cheese: Mild & Creamy Soft-Ripened Cheese
Our Grilling Cheese is made to be heated directly on the grill – just like a burger! Our innovative cheese masters have developed a brie that becomes crisp on the outside when heated. The cheese develops a char-grilled, crispy golden outside and a warm and creamy inside. An excellent grilling choice for vegetarians and cheese lovers alike!
- Can be heated directly on the grill
- Will not stick to or melt onto the grill – no mess!
- 2 individually packaged cheeses per unit
- Create a REAL cheeseburger
- Serve on a green salad
- Top with grilled veggies or fruit