Marinated Grilling Cheese and Watermelon Stacks with Basil
1/4 of a small, seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1. Preheat grill to medium low heat.
2. Remove ROUGETTE Bon∙fire Marinated Grilling Cheese from package and place tin on preheated grill.
3. Close lid and grill over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Carefully turn both cheese portions and grill for 4 more minutes.
4. When cheese is hot but still solid, remove tin from grill and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
5. Once cheese is cool enough to handle, remove both portions from tin and slice each piece diagonally to create three wedges.
6. Cut watermelon slices into similar size wedges.
7. Place a watermelon wedge on serving platter, top with a slice of Marinated Grilling Cheese and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Marinated Grilling Cheese: Semi-soft Cheese in Herb Marinade
Our feta-style marinated cheese is ready-to-cook and easy to serve. This savory semi-soft cheese is pre-marinated in herbs and oil and comes in a convenient aluminum pan for easy preparation in the oven or on the grill. The cheese develops a creamy center and caramelized crust when cooked – prepare an easy #bakedfeta recipe, make an irresistible warm sandwich, dice into a salad or melt it into a hot dip perfect for a crowd!
In ready-to-cook and read-to-serve pan
• Creamier and less salty than Feta
• Develops crisp, caramelized exterior
• Cook over vegetables for an easy one-pan traybake
• Complete the meal with fresh bread or pasta