Marinated Grilling Cheese Sandwich
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 portions Bon·fire Marinated Semi-Soft Cheese
8 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
1/4 cup baby arugula
2 French Rolls, split
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a small microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes.
3. Remove vinegar mixture from microwave and add onions, ensuring the onions are completely submerged in the vinegar mixture. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and allow mixture to rest for at least 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, remove Marinated Semi-Soft Cheese from packaging and arrange in grilling tin. Place tin on preheated and close grill lid. Grill cheese for 5 minutes over medium heat.
5. After five minutes, use a spatula to carefully flip cheese portions in tin and grill for five more minutes, until cheeses are just starting to melt. Remove tin from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, place French rolls on hot grill, split side down and grill until slightly toasted. Drain the marinade from the pickled onions.
7. To assemble sandwiches, arrange strips of roasted red peppers on the bottom of each French roll followed by half of the arugula. Top each sandwich with one portion of Marinated Semi-Soft Grilling Cheese, and half of the pickled onions. Serve immediately.
Marinated Grilling Cheese: Semi-soft Cheese in Herb Marinade
Our Marinated Grilling Cheese is ready to grill and easy to serve. This savory semi-soft cheese is pre-marinated in herbs and oil and comes in a convenient aluminum pan for easy preparation and grilling. The cheese softens when warmed and can be cooked to your liking – warmed on both sides and then diceed for a salad or melted into a hot dip perfect for a crowd.
- In a ready-to-grill and ready-to-serve pan
- Creamier and less salty than Halloumi
- 2 marinated pieces of cheese per pan
- Make a REAL grilled cheese sandwich
- Warm and dice onto grains or a green salad
- Top with vegetables and serve from the pan