Marinated Grilling Cheese Sandwich with Roasted Red Peppers
8 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
2 French Rolls, split
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup baby arugula
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a small microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes.
3. Remove vinegar mixture from microwave and add onions, ensuring the onions are completely submerged in the vinegar mixture. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and allow mixture to rest for at least 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, remove Marinated Grilling Cheese from packaging and arrange in grilling tin. Place tin on preheated and close grill lid. Grill cheese for 5 minutes over medium heat.
5. After five minutes, use a spatula to carefully flip cheese portions in tin and grill for five more minutes, until cheeses are just starting to melt. Remove tin from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, place French rolls on hot grill, split side down and grill until slightly toasted. Drain the marinade from the pickled onions.
7. To assemble sandwiches, arrange strips of roasted red peppers on the bottom of each French roll followed by half of the arugula. Top each sandwich with one portion of Marinated Grilling Cheese, and half of the pickled onions. Serve immediately.
Marinated Grilling Cheese: Semi-soft Cheese in Herb Marinade
Our feta-style marinated cheese is ready-to-cook and easy to serve. This savory semi-soft cheese is pre-marinated in herbs and oil and comes in a convenient aluminum pan for easy preparation in the oven or on the grill. The cheese develops a creamy center and caramelized crust when cooked – prepare an easy #bakedfeta recipe, make an irresistible warm sandwich, dice into a salad or melt it into a hot dip perfect for a crowd!
In ready-to-cook and read-to-serve pan
• Creamier and less salty than Feta
• Develops crisp, caramelized exterior
• Cook over vegetables for an easy one-pan traybake
• Complete the meal with fresh bread or pasta