Grilling Cheese, Fig, & Arugula Salad
2 disks Bon·fire Soft-Ripened Cheese
3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
Juice of 1/2 orange
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces arugula
2 teaspoons chopped pistachios
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Brush the cut sides of each fig half with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Place fig halves on hot grill, cut side down along with both disks of Bon·fire Soft-Ripened Cheese on grill. Grill over medium high heat for five minutes.
3. After five minutes, use tongs to turn over cheese. Continue grilling on second side for another five minutes.
4. Remove figs and cheese from grill. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool for five minutes before handling.
5. While peaches and cheese are cooling, combine balsamic vinegar, honey and orange juice in a small bowl. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
6. When cool enough to handle, carefully dice cheese portions into cubes.
7. To serve, in a small bowl toss arugula with half of the vinaigrette and arrange on a serving platter. Top with figs and diced cheese. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and sprinkle with pistachios.
Grilling Cheese: Mild & Creamy Soft-Ripened Cheese
Our Grilling Cheese is made to be heated directly on the grill – just like a burger! Our innovative cheese masters have developed a brie that becomes crisp on the outside when heated. The cheese develops a char-grilled, crispy golden outside and a warm and creamy inside. An excellent grilling choice for vegetarians and cheese lovers alike!
- Can be heated directly on the grill
- Will not stick to or melt onto the grill – no mess!
- 2 individually packaged cheeses per unit
- Create a REAL cheeseburger
- Serve on a green salad
- Top with grilled veggies or fruit