Gourmet Cheeseburgers with Grilled Vegetables
For the rolls:
450 g flour, type 550
50 g spelt or wholemeal flour
200 ml water
1 yeast cube
4 tablespoons of milk
35 g sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
80 g butter
For the burgers:
2 Rougette Grilling Cheese (according to choice)
4 lettuce leaves (romaine or iceberg)
Shoots (e.g. radish)
BBQ sauce according to choice
1. Heat milk until it is lukewarm and dissolve yeast in it. Then knead with butter, sugar and 50 g flour into a starter dough, cover, and put in a warm place for 30 minutes to rise. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. Prepare the vegetables while the roll dough is resting: wash the courgette, tomato and aubergine and cut into slices. Grill the aubergine and courgette on a cooking grid or roast in the oven for a few minutes and place to one side together with the sliced tomato.
3. Now knead the risen starter dough with the remaining dough ingredients of flour, water, salt and egg to form a firm yeast dough. Add a little more flour as necessary.
4. Form the dough into small rolls and bake in the preheated oven at 220 degrees until golden brown, then cut in half and allow to cool.
5. Grill the grilling cheese directly on the cooking grid, turning frequently until the desired degree of browning has been attained.
6. Also heat the halved rolls and grilled vegetables on the barbecue at the same time.
7. Assemble the burgers the traditional way with the lettuce, grilling cheese, vegetables and shoots. Ideal with BBQ sauce and nachos.
Grilling Cheese: Mild & Creamy Soft-Ripened Cheese
Our Grilling Cheese is made to be heated directly on the grill – just like a burger! Our innovative cheese masters have developed a brie that becomes crisp on the outside when heated. The cheese develops a char-grilled, crispy golden outside and a warm and creamy inside. An excellent grilling choice for vegetarians and cheese lovers alike!
- Can be heated directly on the grill
- Will not stick to or melt onto the grill – no mess!
- 2 individually packaged cheeses per unit
- Create a REAL cheeseburger
- Serve on a green salad
- Top with grilled veggies or fruit