Marinated Grilling Cheese & Veggie Bowl
6 kale leaves, washed and patted dry
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 sweet potato, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
6 T olive oil
2 t Dijon mustard
1 t Kosher salt
1/2 t fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional)
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
lemon or lime wedges
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice and zest, mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil and whisk until emulsified.
3. Brush both sides of each kale leave and slice of sweet potato with dressing mixture. Reserve remaining oil mixture to use as a dressing. Remove Marinated Grilling Cheese from wrapping and place in grilling tin.
4. Arrange sweet potatoes, kale and grilling cheese tin on grill, close lid and cook for 5 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes, flip sweet potatoes and kale on grill. Carefully remove grilling tin from grill, flip cheese and replace on grill. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes more, until cheese is golden but still solid, sweet potatoes are soft and kale is crisp.
6. Remove cheese and vegetables from grill and allow to cool for five minutes. When cool enough to handle, dice cheese and sweet potatoes into cubes and chop kale into small strips.
7. Divide rice between two serving bowls, top each bowl with half of the Grilling Cheese, sweet potatoes, kale, chickpeas (if using) and any optional garnishes. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Don’t feel like grilling? Simply prepare Marinated Grilling Cheese in oven according to instructions on packaging. While Marinated Grilling Cheese cooks, dice sweet potatoes into cubes and chop kale; then sauté in dressing in a skillet on the stovetop.
Marinated Grilling Cheese: Semi-soft Cheese in Herb or Bell Pepper Marinade
Our feta-style marinated cheese is ready-to-cook and easy to serve.
This savoury semi-soft cheese is pre-marinated in herbs and oil and comes in a convenient aluminum pan for easy preparation in the oven or on the grill.
The cheese develops a creamy centre and caramelised crust when cooked – prepare an easy #bakedfeta recipe, make an irresistible warm sandwich, dice into a salad or melt it into a hot dip perfect for a crowd!
In ready-to-cook and read-to-serve tray
• Creamier and less salty than Feta
• Develops crisp, caramelised exterior
• Cook over vegetables for an easy single traybake
• Complete the meal with fresh bread or pasta